How to use
Generic Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate) is taken orally as needed anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual activity (taking the medication about one hour before is most effective). Take only as directed, usually once daily as needed. This medication works along with sexual stimulation to help achieve an erection.
If you suspect an overdose of Generic Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate), contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. Symptoms of an overdose may include severe dizziness, fainting, or prolonged erection.
Generic Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate) is taken when needed, so you are unlikely to miss a dose.
Do not share this medication with others, since they may have a problem that is not effectively treated by this drug. Use of this drug does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases (e.g., HIV, Hepatitis B, gonorrhea, syphilis)
Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15-30 degrees C) away from light and moisture. KEEP THIS AND ALL MEDICATIONS OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
The above information is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed that the taking of this medication is safe, appropriate or effective for you.
Before using Generic Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate), inform your doctor of your medical history, including:
- Allergies (especially drug allergies)
- Penis conditions such as fibrosis/scarring (e.g., Peyronie's disease)
- History of painful/prolonged erection (priapism)
- Sickle cell anemia
- Blood system cancers (such as leukemia or myeloma)
- Eye problems (retina diseases)
- Kidney or liver diseases
- Bleeding disorders
- Active stomach ulcers
- Heart diseases
- Very high or low blood pressure
Limit alcohol intake, as it may aggravate side effects of this medication. Since Generic Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate) may cause dizziness, caution is advised when performing tasks requiring alertness (e.g., driving). To avoid dizziness and lightheadedness when rising from a seated or lying position, get up slowly. This drug is not to be used by women or children. The elderly may be more sensitive to the side effects of this medication, therefore caution is advised for this group.
Inform your doctor of all nonprescription and prescription medication you may use, especially of:
- Nitrate medications (e.g., nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate), nitroprusside (any " nitric oxide donor" medicines), cimetidine, erythromycin, azole antifungals (e.g., itraconazole, ketoconazole), mibefradil, rifamycins (e.g., rifampin)
- High blood pressure medicines
- Certain HIV protease inhibitors (such as saquinavir, ritonavir, amprenavir), delavirdine
Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.
When using Generic Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate), the following side effects may occur:
- Upset stomach
- Nasal stuffiness
If these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor immediately.
Should the following unlikely side effects occur, report them immediately:
- Painful or other urination problems
- Vision problems
- Skin rash
- Chest pain
- Sweeling of the ankle or foot
If you experience a painful or prolonged erection (lasting longer than 4 hours), stop using this drug and seek immediate medical attention. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.